A stylish botanical cocktail company is adding some floral fizz.
A G&T in your garden is one of summer’s loveliest treats. But what about your garden in a G&T? That’s what The Gin Garden creates: botanical cocktails that bring meadow, garden and hedgerow into a drink.
The drinks look stunning, and the ingredients are striking and clever.
Take this recipe for Ki Plum Cocktail:
- 35ml Star Anise infused No.3 London Dry Gin (infuse your gin with star anise for 2-3 hours)
- 60ml Plum Puree
- 15ml Lime juice
- 15ml Honey syrup (simmer water and honey to form a simple, strain and bottle)
- 5ml KI JAPANESE ARBOREAL tree bitters* containing smoke dried Japanese mume plum
- Top with sparkling water
- Fill a high ball glass with ice and add the ingredients above, stir & garnish with a star anise and a sprig of mint.
- *Bitters contain: Smoked dried Japanese mume plum (Prunus mume), Japanese allspice flower (Chimonanthus praecox), Kousa dogwood fruit, leaf, and twig (Cornus kousa), nezuko thuja leaf and twig (Thuja standishii), hawthorn fruit (Crataegus pinnatifida), jujube fruit (Ziziphus jujuba), monkfruit (AKA luo han guo) (Siraitia grosvenorii: for sweetness), propolis
So many of the ingredients are beautiful garden fruits, flowers and herbs, such as elderflower, basil, mint, gooseberries and so on.