Use leftover Christmas panettone in this delicious bread and butter pudding recipe.
For any gardener who has a bit of leftover panettone (made using this mini-panettone recipe, of course) from Christmas and who spent today tidying and buzzing about their garden, this is the perfect pudding. Even better if you’ve got a lot of eggs that you’d like to use up as this one takes three.
I’ve made this in a small loaf tin as there are only two of us – and it makes three good-sized servings as someone always fancies seconds.
- 12 slices of panettone, sliced thinly
- 3 eggs
- 55g sugar
- 150ml cream
- Pinch cinnamon
- Half a cup of frozen berries
- Lightly grease the loaf tin. Cut the panettone slices into triangles and spread the butter on them generously. Lay them out in the loaf tin, sprinkling a little cinnamon over each layer.
- Gently heat the cream, but do not let it boil. Whisk the eggs together with 50g of the sugar. Take the cream off the heat and pour the egg mixture in, whisking as you do.
- Pour the custard mixture over the panettone slices in the loaf tin. Then sprinkle the remaining 5g of sugar over the top, place in the oven at 200 degrees for half an hour.